I know that neither my three regular readers of this blog, nor anyone else who happens to come across it, are likely to care, but I thought I’d do an update on my New Year’s Resolutions.
1. Daily Bible Reading. I’m not sure how I’ve done on this one. But I am totally caught up on my reading plans, when I was behind at the beginning of the month, so I must have read on more days than I missed. I’ll try to do more of the same this month.
2. Write (and post) at least one poem a week. I’m afraid I fell behind on this one, and only posted one poem for the month of January. Don’t worry, I won’t try to catch up in February! I’m going to try to do better, and at least have made a good start this month.
3. Write (and post) at least three blogs per week, not counting my poems. I’ve posted 17 blog posts in January, which is more than three a week. However, some of them were cheats, as I reblogged my husband’s blog posts. That brings the number of posts per week closer to 2.5. I need to at least keep it up, maybe do better this month.
On the other hand, I’m really proud of my husband this month. Besides him working 40 hours per day, plus taking a class, plus working on his music, plus having his hand in a cast, he’s managed to put up a blog post every day this month. Some of them have been short, but they’ve all been there.
4. Finish at least two of my stories/novels. I’m making decent progress on my An & Mattan story. I figure I have between 40-50K written at the moment, and the pieces of it are starting to come together. I’ve just got to keep plugging away at it. I’ll probably have another rough draft chunk ready to be put up in two weeks or so.
5. Don’t spend any money/get the finances in shape. We’ve been trying to do this, and have a strict budget set up. Of course, things like the dog hurting his foot, and needing an X-ray (fortunately nothing was broken) do not help anything.
6. Watch the diet and exercise. This is where I’ve been falling down. Looking back over the month, I’ve only gotten over 10,000 steps on my pedometer once, and have been far more often between 6-7 thousand steps. I’ve cut down on how far I walk the dog this month, between him hurting his foot, me not feeling well, and how blasted cold it’s been. I’m going to try to improve that.
I’d been hoping to go with my husband out to the pool every day, once he got his cast off (it’s much harder to go by myself), but it’ll be another month before he’s cleared to swim.
My goals for this month in this category are, record everything I eat, and try to reach 10K steps every day.
How is everyone else doing?